Hello friendos! Happy Friday! I hope you all had a fabulous week – mine was just…long! Today I’ll be doing 5 things friday, so let’s get right to it!
1) $1500 scholarship awarded to me from My Hometown Heroes
The letter reads:
It’s a privilege & honor to award you with this scholarship allocation. We actually had a nice contribution come in recently, so we wanted to kick it up a notch. :) Your positive attitude, survivorship, & active lifestyle will inspire many. We’re grateful to contribute to your future & success.
I’m so thankful that there are people like him able to help and inspire others – and I hope to be able to do the same thing eventually in my life.
2) If you haven’t entered my giveaway yet, hop to it!! Only 2 more days left til it ends!!!
Nuun Hydration Giveaway
3) I started school this week. I have to say, I am more organized and on top of things than I ever have been before. I keep track of everything in my weekly/daily planner, I always make sure that my daily workout is a priority, and I never sacrifice the nutritious quality of my meals. My classes aren’t as intimidating as I’d thought. I feel like I’m able to focus more on academics there particularly because I’m not living on campus or heavily concerned with the social aspect.
Being as busy as I am, I have to prep my meals for the week ahead of time and pack them the night before so that I’m not rushing around in the morning – especially for days when I’m at school most of the morning and afternoon, then have to head to work after that.
You can read more on how to stay on top of living healthy in college at In It 4 the Long Run, run by Georgie, who was kind enough to allow me to write a guest post with 5 tips to living healthy: college edition! :)
4) I didn’t do a What I Ate Wednesday post – sooo here’s today’s lunch! :)
5) To stay on top of our fitness routine, sometimes Kayla and I have to get to the gym suuuper early. On Thursday, we decided to take the 5:45 AM bootcamp. The fact that it was that early already had me scared – and when the instructorunrolled a big piece of paper with the WOD, I just. No words.
It consisted of:
- 5 laps around basketball court
- 150 jumping jacks
- 15 burpees
- 15 push ups
- 25 crunches or 5 sit ups
- 15 box jumps
- 25 air squats
- 25 jump lunges
He originally told us to get through it two times…but as we neared the end of the second round, he told us to go again! Then, as we neared the end of the third round, he told us to go A-GAIN!! I was exhausted, but felt so proud to have been able to complete more than I set out to! I can also notice a big difference in my endurance levels – even though my muscles are fatiguing, I still find it in me to keep going. You can read about Kayla’s take on the class on her blog, Blondes Have More Run :)
Questions for you:
Did you start school this week?
Any interesting workouts/recipes you’d like to share?!*
*I haven’t been doing much cooking lately, so I’d love some suggestions!