Bulu Box Ambassadorship (FREE BOX CODE!) & Post-chemo Progress
Hi guys! I feel fantastic today. That might also be due to the caffeine in one of the products I’m reviewing in this post, or the fact that I am DONE WITH CHEMO but that is TOTALLY okay with me.
It’s been about three months since I’ve begun my lifelong health and fitness journey – eating clean and training 4-6 times a week between treatments. Those who have made any progress know how hard it is to come by. It doesn’t happen overnight, and it takes an understanding of the fact that losing weight, or any body transformation, is a marathon – not a sprint.
Through these past three months, I’ve noticed small differences in my overall health that are physical proof for me that my body is getting stronger. My sleep patterns are more regulated, I’m able to get up early regularly, I have more energy/motivation, and here’s the biggie…I have decided to get my Certification in Personal Training from the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM CPT), and to get a bachelor’s degree of health science in nutrition.
I want to help people realize their full potential not just physically, but in every other aspect of their lives. I’ve always loved helping others and making people happy, and I’ve finally found something I’m so passionate about that’s a vehicle to do just that. Being physically fit and fueling your body with the right things makes you feel like anything is possible. It could inspire a person to reach for a career goal they never thought they could, or expand their horizons and take up a new hobby that might end up being a lifelong passion.
With all that said…(drumroll please)…here is my 3 month progress!!!
Bulu Box Review!
I have been in contact with the people over at Bulu Box, and they’ve been kind enough to send me a box to review on my blog! Also, because of how in love I am with this company, I have been made an official Bulu Box Brand Ambassador!!! I even get a free 3mont subscription for myself! That means there will be 3 more posts of fun health products I’m going to review! I’m thrilled to have my first partnership with such a fantastic company with extremely personable and pleasant employees! :) *cough* steezy *cough* ;)
I got some awesome products in the box!
Click on any of the links or pictures to get to the site and learn more about different subscriptions!! To get 10$ or your first box free, Use the code BULUGAN219 :) Even if you get a month to month subscription, and cancel it after your first free box, you still won’t be charged! However, I have a feeling you’ll fall as much in love with the company as I did! I hope you guys enjoyed this post – there’ll be more product reviews coming soon!!
- FlapJacked Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix
- 17g protein, 6g fiber
- No artificial anything, GMO ingredients, or preservatives
- Ingredients such as quinoa, whole oat flour, and cinnamon
- Founded by Jennifer & David Bacon, and inspired by their 6 children
- My review: These pancakes were delicious and satisfying! I woke up starving, and was stuffed after I ate. I felt energized and full throughout my entire workout.
- Shapeology Burn Blend
- Mimics the effects of a high metabolism to help lose weight
- Elevated energy
- Clinically proven ingredients such as green tea extract and DMAE
- My review: I took one before my workout with breakfast, and one after my workout with lunch. I felt able to push myself to do more than I would normally do, and even after coming home, I still have energy to clean. I had a ton of energy due to the caffeine, so my advice is to not to take it later than 3 or 4 in the afternoon. I’ve been taking it for about 4 or 5 days now, and I see a difference of about 4-5 lbs so far combined with strict diet and intense exercise. So far I think they’re great, but I would only take them until you reach your desired weight, combined with diet and exercise.
- Apple Crisp JunoBar (from BumbleBar)
- Started in 1995 by Liz Ward
- Vegan, gluten free, ethically sourced, clean & organic
- TONS of different flavors!
- My review: The JunoBar was delicious! I was exhausted after my workout the other day, especially not having had enough sleep. I took a quick power nap, had a JunoBar, and I felt revived enough to carry on with getting ready before a long shift at work.
- BioVi Probiotic Antioxidant Blend
- Multiple benefits (click here for article)
- Powerful antioxidants from the aronia berry
- My review: I haven’t tried these yet due to chemo. I’m not supposed to have antioxidants with chemo. Even though I’m finished with treatment, I haven’t been officially declared cancer free and antioxidants can sometimes negate the effects of the chemo drugs. I’ll post about it later once I’m able to try the product!
- BluCetin Hangover Protection
- Neutralizes free radicals produced by alcohol metabolism
- Reduce side effects of hangovers
- Accelerate clearance of alcohol from the blood
- Protect the GABA-a receptor, but doesn’t reduce the increase of dopamine (so it’s not a ‘buzz-kill’)
- My review: I have not tried this product yet, but I will let you all know when I do! :)
And the Juno Bar…
Side note – These aren’t available quite yet, but will be soon! :)
The community outreach manager of Bulu Box even included a nice little handwritten note, a sticker, and a ‘sample journal’ leaflet to jot down my thoughts before and after trying these products!
How it works
Getting one of these boxes is like Christmas!! It’s an awesome way to sample and discover new vitamin, supplement, and heath products.
To reiterate – click on any of the links or pictures to get to the site and learn more about different subscriptions!! To get 10$ or your first box free, se the code BULUGAN219 at purchase :) Even if you get a month to month subscription, and cancel it after your first free box, you still won’t be charged! However, I have a feeling you’ll fall as much in love with the company as I did! I hope you guys enjoyed this post – there’ll be more product reviews coming soon!!
- Bulu Box (dreamingoffitness.com)