Gobble Gobble! #Bacon.
I know, that title is really original, right? So, I told you in my last post that there would be good things ahead. And there are!! Like Maple Bacon Brussel sprouts. If you don’t like brussel sprouts, this recipe will probably make you like them. Because bacon. So…..bacon.
I’m currently working at an amazing facility called Liven Up Health & Fitness, and a majority of my time to blog will be spent writing for their blog – Check it out here to stay updated with their posts! I’m about to be quite consumed with their new 25 Days of Fitness campaign, as well as wrapping up the fall semester. I’m thrilled to be part of such a supportive, enthusiastic community!
I will do my very best, though, to give you read-worthy content!!! In my opinion, bacon = read-worthy. So, here it is!!
By the way, it was almost 70 degrees here in eastern Pennsylvania in NOVEMBER, and in 2 days we are supposed to get 6+ inches of snow. What? Mother Nature, make up your mind, woman! She’s worse than me getting ready for a night out! (Because I change outfits like five times before leaving..get it? Okay. Bad joke. MERP.) I’ll just give you the bacon recipe now:
- 1.5-2 lbs Brussel Sprouts
- 6-7 slices of bacon (preferably organic)
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Dash of pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Rinse brussel sprouts, and cut them in halves.
- Chop bacon into small pieces
- Toss brussels with maple syrup, bacon, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place brussel sprouts cut-side down on a baking sheet (or two, if you run out of room). Cook for 10 minutes, then use a spatula to flip them. Cook for 10 more minutes, or until tender.