Recipe Friday – Veggie K’nishes & Protein Bakery Giveaway WINNER!
Happy Friday friends!!! I feel slightly more relaxed now because I have monday and tuesday off, and combined with no friday classes..that’s 5 days all to myself! Unfortunately I still have homework and studying to do, as well as work, but at least I don’t have to go to class! :p
Anywhoser, enough about school. We both knoth know you and I really only care about the yummy healthy recipe I’m about to share for Candy Fit’s Recipe Friday ;)
I had Kayla’s mom try it right after they came out of the oven (I used hers since mine is broken). She said “it actually tastes like real food!” Can you believe it? Healthy food that tastes naughty. I love it!
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Keywords: bake blender snack side appetizer gluten-free low-carb vegetarian comfort food American Jewish
Ingredients (22 Cakes)
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 c. almond flour/meal (for mixing), and extra for coating
- 1/2 c. coconut flour
- 3 eggs + 2 egg whites (beaten)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 c. coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper (and any other seasonings) to taste
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets and put it in the food processor until it’s finely grated.
2. Peel and shred the raw sweet potatoes using a cheese grater
3. Cut broccoli into florets, and gently pulse in the food processor until it’s in tiny little floret-et-ets… (it’s a word. i made it up.)
4. Put all your cauliflower, broccoli, sweet potato, and onion in a large mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix well (adjust flour content til it has a consistency in which it holds together)
5. Add your spices – I used salt, Roasted Garlic & Herb seasoning, DASH of smoked paprika, and garlic & pepper seasoning, along with some grated parmesean.
6. Roll into balls the size of a small apple and coat lightly in almond flour – place on greased baking sheet.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees, or until they are kinda spongy and crisp looking on the outside.
This food makes a great side dish or even a snack when you’re craving something savory. Hopefully you guys cook it and enjoy it as much as I did:
The winner of the protein bakery giveaway is:
Thank you to all who entered!! Stay tuned for the next giveaway! :)
Questions for you:
What are your plans for this weekend?
Any healthy comfort foods you’d like to share?