Turkey-Berry Salad with Homemade Dressing and Physique 57 :)
Hi friends! I’m exhausted, and so sore – but in the best way possible. Today Kayla and I did a solid 30 minutes of HIIT cardio on the arc trainer, and a Physique 57 online workout class. We worked out in the afternoon today, and for us, getting started later in the day is the hardest thing. How did I convince myself to push past the first 5 minutes and not to be lazy? Some of my ‘techniques’ are a little out there, but they help me to push through any workout.
- Mental distraction – text a friend or go on facebook on your phone, or think of errands you want to do later, an outfit you might wear on a date, anything really. It helps take your mind off of watching the seconds tick by.
- Mouthing the words to your music. – Yep. I’m one of those people at the gym. I mouth the words to any song that really gets me pumped up and pushing myself to my limits and then some more. I focus on the lyrics and what they’re saying and apply it to working out. (Key is to have songs that can translate to that)
- My workout buddy! – Where would I be without her? She helps me stay committed to this healthy and active lifestyle and holds me accountable when I don’t push myself hard enough. I hate to disappoint, so this is extra motivation for me.
30 minutes of HIIT is definitely not enough for me, so even after being soaked in sweat, we headed home to do our Physique 57 workout.
Sooo sweaty! Short hair don’t care ;)
Those are the tears of my fat, on the floor – AKA sweat!!
Now about that Physique 57 workout...
We did the 57 minute classic workout. It works the major muscle groups – arms, legs, butt, and abs. Within the first 3 minutes, literally, I was starting to sweat. I’ve never done an exercise class that was so motivating and made me want to push my muscles and feel myself getting stronger. I was dripping sweat halfway through.
Something else I like about this program is that it’s pretty inexpensive for one workout session. Some of their shorter online classes are $5 and the 57 minute class is $7. There’s also an option for a $57/month membership, which I definitely think is worthwhile if that is your main source of exercise. I definitely will be doing this workout more!!
After my daily exercise, I went home and walked into my house like a zombie – I was so exhausted! Before doing anything, I needed some protein since I didn’t have time to eat lunch after work. I had myself a strawberry Chobani (my favorite flavor) with 1/2 tsp of chia seeds. I then made myself a monstrosity of a delicious salad, with some cucumbers and hummus on the side. I also made my own strawberry almond dressing!!
Here’s the recipe for the Turkey-Berry Salad:
- 1 romaine heart, cut and washed
- 1 slice of Oscar Meyer Carving Board Applewood Smoked Turkey, cut into small squares
- Feta cheese
- Crushed almonds
And the Strawberry Almond Dressing:
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp raspberry blush white balsamic vinegar
- 2 strawberries
- 10 almonds (unsalted or lightly salted)
Add all ingredients into food processor. Pulse until blended well enough, it should be a little bit chunky/creamy. Makes 1 serving