BULU BOX UPDATE:
with my Bulu Box Ambassador code, BULUGAN219, you can still get a free box -OR- 50% off any 3, 6, or 12 month subscription!! That means that a 3 month subscription would be only $15!!!
Click here to visit the Bulu Box Website!
Now for my post!
Hey guys! I haven’t written in a while it seems. I’ve been busy working, exercising, cooking, and spending time with a significant other..until recently (sad face, oh well!) :(Now I have more time to focus on…wait for it…my NASM CPT!!!! Yes, that’s right, I made the decision to get my certification, and I’m also taking community college courses that will eventually go towards a bachelor’s degree in nutrition hopoefully next year! It’s unbelievable to me how much chemo has changed the entire course of my life for the better.
Oh! Speaking of which… My prognisis: it’s a little fuzzy, but it’s not bad. My oncologist said that from the PET scan, there is still a little bit of activity but that maybe residual from the treatment – however, we do not have to do radiation at this time! WOOHOO!! He said that I’ll have another CT scan in 2 months, and we’ll see how it looks then. But for now, I’m okay!!! :)
One of the great things about makinga healthy lifestyle change is not only the improvements in appearance (weight loss), but also the increase in strength. I am able to plank for 2 and a half minutes, when originally I could barely plank for 1 minute. I’m starting to be able to do 10 big girl push ups, whereas I couldn’t even do one.
Five things Friday time!!
1. I wrote a guest post for my best friend’s blog, Blondes Have More Run! The post is about 5 tips to get started with eating clean/healthy and exercising regularly!
2. I’ve done one Wello workout so far, since the company has given me 5 group workouts to review on my blog and theirs. So far I took a bootcamp with Willie Moore. It was great! It had me dripping sweat. I like to guage my workouts by whether or not the sweat permeates through to the brim of my hat, and if the hat is dripping, it is a good workout! Once I do a few more of their workouts, I’ll do a whole post about them! :)
Here’s me after bootcamp…dripping…..
3. I repurposed some Coffee Mate containers for my chia seeds and oats!!
4. I got a ton of flavors from Chobani to try! Some include the “Bite” yogurts, and the regular size. One of my favorites so far is the Chobani Bite Caramel with Pineapple Chunks. It’s only 100 calories!!
5. I made the most delicious lunch ever yesterday. I used a Joseph’s pita bread, which is only 60 calories and 4 net carbs. I put honey mustard, low-salt boar’s head turkey, sweet peppers, and a mix of kale and romaine massaged with a little olive oil, lime juice, and onion powder. I also had some cherries and honey dijon drizzled cucumbers on the side! I was so full and satisfied to tackle my mess of a bedroom!
Well I hope this was a good first 5 things friday!!
<div style=”width: 275px; margin: 0 auto;”> <a href=”http://www.the-good-life-blog.com/search/label/FIVE%20on%20Friday” rel=”nofollow”> <img src=”http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p782/thegoodlifeblog/5onFridayLogo-Final-forblogsidemenu_edited-1_zps7fcf6068.jpg” alt=”THE GOOD LIFE BLOG” width=”275″ height=”275″ /> </a> </div>